Please read the About page for important background information on this site.
Recent drug approvals for Parkinson’s disease:
- 2017 and 2018: Two new extended-release formulations of amantadine, Gocovri to treat levodopa-induced dyskinesias, and Osmolex ER for Parkinson’s symptoms.
- 2017: Safinamide (Xadago), for symptomatic benefit
- 2016: Pimavanserin (Nuplazid), for hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease psychosis
- 2015: Rytary, a new extended-release formulation of levodopa/carbidopa (the same drugs in Sinemet), discussed briefly on the levodopa pharmacokinetics page
- 2015: Duopa, levodopa/carbidopa delivered directly into the small intestine, to reduce off time and dyskinesias, also discussed briefly on the levodopa pharmacokinetics page
- 2014: Droxidopa (Northera), for orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure, especially upon standing up)